Re: st: Spotlight & .do files (Mac Users)

From   Ronán Conroy <>
To   <>
Subject   Re: st: Spotlight & .do files (Mac Users)
Date   Wed, 23 Nov 2005 16:33:22 +0000

On 23 Samh 2005, at 16:25, Eric G. Wruck wrote:

Have any of you MacStata users found a way for Spotlight to search
the contents of .do files?  This would be SO useful but so far have
struck out.  I eMailed Stata with this, along with something I heard
about mdimporters about which I know nothing.

Spotlight does search the contents of do files, much to my relief. I recently had to locate all Stata do files that defined or used a particular variable to check for inconsistencies between different people working on the same project. Spotlight ran them all to earth in a trice.

A quick check on Stata's ado folder confirms it also searches ado files.

Ronán Conroy

* For searches and help try: