st: Logging output directly to a log file without using the viewer

From   "David Winter" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Logging output directly to a log file without using the viewer
Date   Wed, 23 Nov 2005 16:11:28 -0000

Hello,

I have a rather complex .do file that runs some analyses, the output of which I send to a log file.  As a new Stata user/programmer the .do file is probably not the most efficient so I use the -quietly- option.

Is there anyway I can send output (from -display as result- for example ) directly to a log file without displaying it in a viewer as well, whilst using the -quietly- option?  This is my programmer head talking!

Regards,

Dave

Mr David L. Winter, HNC
IT Manager (BCCSS Study)
Department of Public Health & Epidemiology
University of Birmingham
Edgbaston
Birmingham
B15 2TT