RE: st: test for departure from linearity

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: test for departure from linearity
Date   Sun, 20 Nov 2005 15:59:18 -0000

On Raoul's original question, my answer is neither
and both. A graphical "test", meaning examination,
should complement a "statistical test", meaning
hypothesis or significance test, and both should
be useful.

Mark Schaffer