Re: st: Compatibility with stata 9.1

To   [email protected], "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Compatibility with stata 9.1
Date   Fri, 18 Nov 2005 14:19:02 -0500

At 02:12 PM 11/18/2005, [email protected] wrote:
I currently work with release 8.2 but have purchased 9.0. I am finishing up a
complex paper and analysis using 8.2, which has involved developing some
specifically written programs to manipulate data, solve survival equations, and
produce graphs. I am reluctant to install 9.0 at this point as I am not sure if
there will be any problems running my programs subsequently. I am wondering if
I am right to be concerned, or whether my concern is simply a reflection of my
ignorance. Sorry if this is a redundant question but I could not find an answer
in written material or on the website.
I doubt you'll have trouble with 9, but in any event there is no reason you can't have both 8 and 9 installed on the same computer. In your programs, if you haven't already, you may want to add the line

version 8.2

to the top of them, so you are less likely to be affected by any changes that have occurred.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]