st: Stata users' meeting London 11-12 Sept 2006

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Stata users' meeting London 11-12 Sept 2006
Date   Fri, 18 Nov 2005 12:34:04 -0000

As you may have seen on the Stata website, the next
London Stata users' meeting will be held at City
University on 11-12 September 2006. This is
a central location, near to the Royal Statistical
Society and Bayes' burial place.

The logistic arrangements will be made by
Timberlake Consultants (http://www.timberlake.co.uk),
the distributors of Stata in Britain.

The scientific programme will be organised by
Patrick Royston, MRC Clinical Trials Unit, London,
([email protected]) and myself,
from Durham University ([email protected]).

Stata users' meetings started in London in 1995, and there
has been a meeting every year since. As those who have
attended them will attest, these meetings have an
international flavour. Key StataCorp personnel will
be present and we usually attract several visitors from
other countries, including the United States, other
European countries, Australia and New Zealand.

This is therefore a note for those interested to put
the dates in their diary. Offers of papers should please be
directed at either organiser, as seems appropriate,
preferably with a copy to the other. Any offer
of a biostatistical or medical statistical presentation
is better directed at Patrick, and anything else at myself.
The typical slot for a presentation will be 20 minutes,
but we are open to offers (with rationale for differing
length) of shorter or longer talks.

There will be a tutorial or training element. We welcome
offers of such presentations and also expressions of interest
in what you might like to hear.

Potential visitors to Britain might like to know that September
is usually a relatively dry and warm month (by British
standards, naturally).