st: log rank test for paired data

From   Susan Donath <>
Subject   st: log rank test for paired data
Date   Thu, 17 Nov 2005 16:24:47 +1100

I have a small dataset (n=12 children) with time to event data for each eye (24 eyes). There are 2 subgroups (of the eyes), group 1 has less severe disease, group 2 has more severe disease. A child can have any combination of these (eg left eye more severe, right eye less severe, etc).
I can use sts test to test for difference in time to event between the 2 groups (using n=24 eyes) but this does not take into account the clustered nature of the data.
Is there any way I can do a log-rank test which takes into account the clustering?

Susan Donath

Senior Research Fellow
Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics Unit
Murdoch Children's Research Institute & University of Melbourne Department of Paediatrics
Royal Children's Hospital
Parkville, Vic. 3052. AUSTRALIA

Tel. 9345 4742 Fax 9345 6000
All numbers area code 03 or international prefix +6

* For searches and help try: