Re: st: xtivreg2

From   "Andrea Molinari" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: xtivreg2
Date   Wed, 16 Nov 2005 23:06:24 -0000

Mark,

Thanks for your suggestion. Just to clarify your point, do you mean that in
my case I should run::

xtivreg2 $text lrectextg dbrcatext lreptextg (= l.lrgdp95pcx l.lreptextg),
fe first orthog(lreptextg)

And in a case of having more than one potentially endogenous regressor,
would it be valid to run this test for each of those regressors (or pairs of
them) like this?:

xtivreg2 $paper lreppaperg lrecpaperg dbrcapaper (= l.lrgdp95pcx
l2.lrgdp95pcx l.brcapaper l.lreppaperg l2.lreppaperg l.lrgdp95pcm
l.lrecpaperg), fe first orthog(lreppaperg)

xtivreg2 $paper lreppaperg lrecpaperg dbrcapaper (= l.lrgdp95pcx
l2.lrgdp95pcx l.brcapaper l.lreppaperg l2.lreppaperg l.lrgdp95pcm
l.lrecpaperg), fe first orthog(lrecpaperg)

xtivreg2 $paper lreppaperg lrecpaperg dbrcapaper (= l.lrgdp95pcx
l2.lrgdp95pcx l.brcapaper l.lreppaperg l2.lreppaperg l.lrgdp95pcm
l.lrecpaperg), fe first orthog(lreppaperg lrecpaperg)

...and so on

I checked and results (e.g. on Sargan) seem similar, but I'm not too sure
STATA is understanding which variables do I believe are endogenous in these
statements?

Many thanks again!
Andrea