st: Extracting the varname of e(wexp) after regress ?

From   Wolfgang Langer <>
To   Statalist -Server <>
Subject   st: Extracting the varname of e(wexp) after regress ?
Date   Mon, 14 Nov 2005 14:37:31 +0100

Dear Statslisters,

Sorry, I try it a second time because I haven't got an answer.

I have written a small program to calculate the goodness-of-fit-chi2-test after estimating a WLS-regression modell for tabulated data (GSK-approach). How can I extract the varname from the e(wexp) container to use it in my program? Typing "dis e(wexp)" I get only the expression "=varname of weighting variable" but not the varname itself. I need this to formulate my program gofchi2 mor generally.

Thank you for your help

Dr. Wolfgang Langer
Martin-Luther-Universität Halle-Wittenberg
Institut für Soziologie
Emil-Abderhalden-Str. 7
06099 Halle (Saale)

Martin-Luther-University Halle-Wittenberg
Institute of Sociology
Emil-Abderhalden-Str. 7
D06099 Halle (Saale)

Tel.: ++49/ (0)345 5524248