Re; st: graph matrix

From   "Svend Juul" <SJ@SOCI.AU.DK>
To   <>
Subject   Re; st: graph matrix
Date   Sun, 13 Nov 2005 16:41:44 +0100

Daniel wrote:

Is it possible to produce a scatterplot matrix (graph matrix) for
variables T1, T2, and T3 where individuals with MarkOut==. and
MarkOut==1 have markers with different colors (option mcolor)?
Furthermore, I do not know how to control the look of a single axis in a
scatter plot matrix. When I replicate the Stata manual's example ([G],
p. 120), I receive error r(198) [invalid syntax]:
. sysuse auto
. graph matrix mpg weight displ, yaxis(0(5)40, axis(1))
option yaxis() not allowed
invalid syntax

Concerning markers I don't think you can vary the colors, but you can
vary the shape, using the mlabel(varname) option:

   sysuse auto , clear
   gen str1 marker="+" if foreign==0
   graph matrix price mpg weight , msymbol(p) mlabel(marker)

Concerning the axes I reproduced Daniel's error; it does not seem to work
as described in the manual. This is the case for both version 8.2 and 9.1.

Hope this helps

Svend Juul
Vennelyst Boulevard 6
DK-8000 Aarhus C,  Denmark