R�p. : RE: st: Kwallis in a loop [now p-value of the Kwallis]

From   "Herve STOLOWY" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   R�p. : RE: st: Kwallis in a loop [now p-value of the Kwallis]
Date   Sun, 13 Nov 2005 19:32:55 +0100

Dear Nick:

Sorry to bother you. I tried without the spaces and I get the same error message.

Anyway, I perfectly understand your message. The program you designed works perfectly and solved the problem.

(One more word on -makematrix-. Again, I understand what you say. Please, don't be at a loss because of me. I simply liked -makematrix- because I feel more independent - including from statalisters - with this command and I can adapt it to many descriptive statistics and univariate tests, which are very important in my field, financial accounting. With the solution of already designed commands, I don't have the same freedom, because I don't know how to program and modify them, if would like to. That's all).

Thanks again for your time.

Best regards

Herv�

Professeur/Professor
Coordinateur du D�partement/Head of Department
HEC Paris
D�partement Comptabilit� Contr�le de gestion / Dept of Accounting and Management Control
1, rue de la Liberation
78351 - Jouy-en-Josas
France
Tel: +33 1 39 67 94 42 - Fax: +33 1 39 67 70 86
[email protected]
http://campus.hec.fr/profs/stolowy/perso/home.htm
>>> [email protected] 13/11/05 18:24 >>>
Your answer strengthens my previous argument.

-makematrix- just cannot fulfil all the expectations
you have of it. If you omit the spaces in

max(chiprob(r(df), r(chi2_adj) + 1e-20),.0001)

max(chiprob(r(df),r(chi2_adj)+1e-20),.0001)

you might get -makematrix- to behave the way you want,
as the argument of -from()- is parsed on spaces,
but you are still ignoring my strong advice not to do it
this way.

I am at a loss to see why you prefer this route to
that of a program designed to tackle your problem
directly. No programming on your part is required.

Herve STOLOWY