Re: st: statistical/mathematical fonts & symbols

Subject   Re: st: statistical/mathematical fonts & symbols
Date   Fri, 11 Nov 2005 10:49:19 -0500

At 10:41 AM 11/11/2005, Suzy wrote:
Dear Statalisters,

This is not a Stata question, therefore I hope that the inquiry will be permitted. I am searching for inexpensive (or freeware) statistical/mathematical fonts/symbols that can be used in a word document. The basic symbols currently available are not nearly adequate. For example, the bracket isn't large enough to accomodate even one ratio. Same with the summation symbol, etc...
Have you tried the equation editor within word? It is a freebie but you have to make sure it is installed. I do all my handouts using Word's equation editor.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]