Re: st: nestreg and survey logistic

From (Jeff Pitblado, StataCorp LP)
Subject   Re: st: nestreg and survey logistic
Date   Thu, 10 Nov 2005 22:20:30 -0600

Steve <> found a bug in -nestreg-:

> Stata exec and ado updated today on a WinXP system. Using Stata SE.
> I've been trying out the new prefix command -nestreg-, repeating a sequence
> of analyses I've already done by hand.
> The command syntax presents the two nested analyses correctly but then exits
> strangely with the message that -svy- was not found. The run is reproduced
> below:

(example omitted)

> Since the Wald table is the default in the -nestreg- command, I was
> expecting the table to appear instead of the error message.
> Have I made a simple syntax error or is there a bug in this new prefix
> command when using survey regressions?

Steve found a bug in -nestreg- when used with a survey estimation command
other than -svy: regress-.  We have fixed -nestreg- and will post it in the
next ado-file update.