st: High and Low Sample Selection

From   "Bromiley, Philip" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: High and Low Sample Selection
Date   Wed, 9 Nov 2005 11:03:18 -0800

I have a sample with two observations per industry - the highest
performer and the lowest performer.  I would like to explain performance
(or membership in the high/low category) with other variables.

It appears to be a messy selection problem, but I'm not sure there's a
good solution.

Any suggestions?