st: Number of independent variable limit for sqreg

From   "Ali Karim" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Number of independent variable limit for sqreg
Date   Tue, 08 Nov 2005 16:15:30 -0500

Hi Statalist members,

I am using the Stata 9.1 'sqreg' command on a panel data where run
subject-level fixed-effects model by including indicator variables for
subjects. Even though the Stata manual indicates that a maximum of 336
variables can be specified, I am getting over 400 coefficients from my
analysis (because I have 399 dummies for subjects).

My question is, whether the sqreg is giving me spurious output or the
maximum of 336 variables for the command is not applicable for Stata
9.1?

Thanking you in advance,

Ali Mehryar Karim
Senior Quantitative Analyst
DELIVER/John Snow, Inc. (JSI)
1616 N Fort Myer Dr, 11th Floor
Arlington, VA 22209
ph: 703-528-7474; fx: 703-528-7480
visit the DELIVER website: deliver.jsi.com