RE: st: problem with do file stopping prematurely

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: problem with do file stopping prematurely
Date   Sun, 6 Nov 2005 17:03:39 -0000

The first statement is in general quite wrong.
However, Ketan is absolutely correct in
advising you to check for an incomplete last
line lacking end-of-line character(s).

Ketan Patel

> I believe that Stata does not process the last line of a do file, so
> if the gen diriscore command is the last line of the file, it will not
> be run.  The file with just the gen diriscore command in it is
> probably not working for the same reason.  A solution is to add a
> carriage return after the end of the gen diriscore command.

Christopher W. Ryan