RE: st: how to pool prevalences

From   "b. water" <>
Subject   RE: st: how to pool prevalences
Date   Sun, 06 Nov 2005 14:15:40 +0000

Thanks Svend,

Not quite sure that is legit. Could be biased by study(ies) from higher/lower risk populations, which would skew their rates. I think there is no Stata user solution. At the moment, I am thinking of using 'the inverse variance-weighted' method to pool. Vaguely I think there was a criticism about this method but would have to do for now.

Other advice, help and opinion are still welcome.

Thanks once again.

* For searches and help try: