Re: st: RE: RE: RE: truncating graph range

From   Timothy Dang <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: RE: RE: truncating graph range
Date   Sat, 5 Nov 2005 11:53:29 -0700

On 11/2/05, Nick Cox <[email protected]> wrote:
> -1. What is Excel?

It's this virus I often find on other people's computers.

Your other points are good, as well. I certainly do not want to "throw
out" these data points, as they're important. It's just a matter of
how to best show the whole of the data.

I'm just now experimenting with the code you included, and I've come
up with what appears to be an oddity with -clonevar-. Since I see
you're the author, Nick, possibly you can clear it up for me.

(BTW, I should have mentioned I'm using Stata version 8.2 on a Mac)

This style of command:
       clonevar temp = y`i'

doesn't seem to work, getting "unrecognized command:    invalid command name"

although I have no trouble with:
       gen temp = y`i'

I've tried checking out the clonevar.ado code, but I'm still not
proficient enough to figure it all out.

Thanks

Timothy O'Neill Dang / Cretog8
520-884-7261