Re: st: -heckman- and -ivreg- AT THE SAME TIME

From   Ketan Patel <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: -heckman- and -ivreg- AT THE SAME TIME
Date   Mon, 31 Oct 2005 19:43:47 -0500

Hi Tinna,

If I understand your problem correctly and you are willing to use the
Heckman Two-Step procedure (instead of ML), you could split the
Heckman into the individual steps, and manually compute the inverse
Mills ratio.

The first step is the selection model, from which you can compute the
inverse Mills, and include that in your IV regression.  Code follows:

probit WorkedFullTime XVector
predict Z, xb
gen InvMills = normden(Z) / norm(Z)

ivreg2 HoursWorked XVector InvMills