st: Binary dep. var, endog rhs and panel data

From   "Guido Heineck" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Binary dep. var, endog rhs and panel data
Date   Wed, 26 Oct 2005 22:50:27 +0200 (MEST)

Dear all,

I wonder whether someone has any suggestions for the problem I currently
face:

I have panel data and would like to estimate a model with a binary dependent
variable. I suspect that a continuous rhs var is endogenous. Having an
instrument for the latter, I could use ivprobit in the cross-sectional
setting.

But: Is there any way to use the panel information? Would it, for example,
be appropriate to demean my data to capture the within variation and then
use ivprobit on the demeaned data?

Any help will be appreciated.

Guido

--