Re: st: what's an infinitesimal change in dprobit

Subject   Re: st: what's an infinitesimal change in dprobit
Date   Wed, 26 Oct 2005 13:07:59 -0500

At 12:17 PM 10/26/2005, Tom Bonen wrote:
Hi Statalisters,

in the dprobit help it reads "dprobit reports the marginal effect,
that is the change in the probability for an infinitesimal change in
each independent, continuous variable and, by default, reports the
discrete change in the probability for dummy variables."

What does "infinitesmal change" mean here exactly?
This was (for that matter, still is!) a weak area for me. My feeble attempt to explain it is at

http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam/xsoc694/x07.pdf

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227