st: RE: RE: Converting summary statistics into a column in stata editor

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: RE: RE: Converting summary statistics into a column in stata editor
Date   Mon, 24 Oct 2005 12:18:48 +0100

This is true but by itself can lead to lots
of variables each containing only one value,
which ultimately are not very easy to work
with.

Alternatives include using scalars
to store values, -egen- and -collapse-.

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

Munro, Cameron

> -summarize- returns a number of values, including minimum
> (see 'Saved Results' under -summarize- in the manual and in
> help). You can always see what is being returned using
> -return list- and generate a new variable from such output
> using something like generate newVar=r(min). Then it is
> preserved after subsequent tabulations and available for calculations.

Mosca, Ilaria