st: RE: Question on Removing Superfluous Data

From   "Michele Favre M." <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: RE: Question on Removing Superfluous Data
Date   Wed, 19 Oct 2005 18:09:09 -0300

Adrian, I think that maybe this can help...
you have to use the command "keep (varname1) (varname2)..." and Stata keeps
only the columns (or variables) that you want to work with

Michele

-----Mensaje original-----
De: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]]En nombre de Adrian Yung
Hwei Ow
Enviado el: Martes, 18 de Octubre de 2005 18:20
Para: [email protected]
Asunto: st: Question on Removing Superfluous Data

Hi !

I'm new to the list, and I had a short question about STATA commands.

I'm working for a professor who's trying to clean up her dataset; she
told me that there was a command in STATA that automatically kept only
the data columns used to produce result (more precisely, a command that
allows one to automatically drop columns not used for a given do file)
-- do you know what this might be?

Thanks,

--
Adrian