Re: st: a question on function int

From   Chris Kopp <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: a question on function int
Date   Thu, 20 Oct 2005 01:52:57 +0200

Dear Zhang,

-help datatypes- explains that Stata saves numbers in binary format. Numbers less than 1, such as 0.005 in your case, may not have a perfect binary representation. So if you type -list if temzzz==0.005-, no cases will be displayed. But if you type -list if temzzz<0.005-, your case will be listed. This explains what happens next: for Stata, the value of temzzz is smaller than 0.005, which yields your result. Further references can be foung in -help datatypes- as well, but I work away from my manuals at the moment, so I can't help you there. I know other users will be able to do much better, but it's a first pointer.

Have a nice day, Chris