st: matrix colum names vs estout

From   "Hans J. Baumgartner" <>
Subject   st: matrix colum names vs estout
Date   Wed, 19 Oct 2005 14:24:50 +0200

Dear statalist,

most estimation commands store the coefficients in e(b). Hence ?matrix
list e(b)- shows the respective variables to the coefficient in the column
name of the matrix. Is there any chance to save these column names?

The reason, why I am attempting to do so is that I would like to save the
mfx output after an mlogit in a spreadsheet table. So far I used estout
but this does not store the marginal effect but the ?raw? coefficients.

Any suggestions to solve this?

Thanks in advance

Hans J. Baumgartner
Dept. Public Economics