Re: st: Intraclass correlation

From   Nicola Orsini <>
Subject   Re: st: Intraclass correlation
Date   Wed, 19 Oct 2005 09:49:49 +0200

Hi Per,

you could try this

gen id = _n
reshape long mes , i(id) j(observer)
loneway mes id

Kaaresen Per Ivar wrote:
Ikke sensitiv - Please ignore this message - due to inhouse security

I have two continous variables mes1 and mes2. mes1 is a test performed
on a group individuals by one observer and mes2 contains the results of
the same test performed by another observer on the same group of
individuals. I want to estimate the intraclass correlation between the
two observers, but can't find out how. I'm aware that -loneway- can
estimate this if you have a measurement and a grouping variable. Do I
have to transform my data in some way to use -loneway- (how?) or is
there a command which calculate the intraclass correlation straight
away? Some ideas? Thank you in advance.

Per Ivar Kaaresen MD
University of Tromsoe