[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date index][Thread index]
RE: st: Any easy way to append commands in the review window to current do file?
JP Azevedo wrote:
Have a look at the note written by Ross A. Odell on NoteTab and Stata.
My understand is that the editor is able to run selected lines of code.
I must admit that I never succeeded in making Ross Odell's tools work.
Also, since Stata 9 allows several do-file windows, it has become less
interesting (to Stata 9 owners). But in Stata 8 you still could:
1. Open the command log into a NoteTab window.
2. Copy-and-paste selected commands to another NoteTab window
- and maybe do some further editing.
3. Save a hopefully workable do-file.
4. From Stata execute it by File > Do...
This is somewhat tedious, but I lived well with it for quite some time.
Now, Stata 9 has spoilt me.
Institut for Folkesundhed, Afdeling for Epidemiologi
(Institute of Public Health, Department of Epidemiology)
Vennelyst Boulevard 6
DK-8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Phone, work: +45 8942 6090
Phone, home: +45 8693 7796
Fax: +45 8613 1580
* For searches and help try: