Re: st: marginal effects after TPM-Poisson model (or hurdle model)

From   May Boggess <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: marginal effects after TPM-Poisson model (or hurdle model)
Date   Thu, 13 Oct 2005 12:26:46 -0500

On Thursday morning, Sandra asked two questions about marginal effects:

How I can get the marginal effects of the
second equation?
Is there a way to estimate marginal effects of the
logit equation predicting probabilities?

The answer to both questions lies in the -predict()- option on -mfx-. It is used to specify the function of which -mfx- will find the slope. It can find the slope of any function that -predict- can calculate after the precedding estimation command. So the key to getting -mfx- to do what you want is understanding what -predict- can calculate and then
using the -predict()- option on -mfx- to specify the prediction you need.

Since Sandra is using -ml-, Sandra may find a post I made a week or so ago about using -mfx- after user-written commands helpful:

http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2005-10/msg00113.html

--May
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/