st: Re: Any easy way to append commands in the review window to current do file?

From   Friedrich Huebler <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: Any easy way to append commands in the review window to current do file?
Date   Thu, 13 Oct 2005 10:46:53 -0700 (PDT)

Sean,

If you have MS Windows you can "do selection" with an AutoIt script
that is described in the Stata text editors FAQ.

http://fmwww.bc.edu/repec/docs/textEditors.html#autoit

The AutoIt scripts have been tested with TextPad and EmEditor but can
be modified to work with other editors. An update of the scripts for
Stata 9.1 is at this site:

http://huebler.info/2005/20050310_Stata_editor.html

Friedrich Huebler

--- Sean <[email protected]> wrote:
> Svend,
> could the external text editor you mentioned do the task of "do
> selection" as do-file editor? I think it's a neat feature of Stata
> editor.
>
> Thanks.
>
> > Stata 8 has only one do-file editor window, and that gives some
> > limitations. With Stata 8 I used another text editor (NoteTab
> Light,
> > available for free from www.notetab.com.) for such exercises.
> >
> > Hope this helps
> > Svend