st: psar1 - is there a way to test?

From   "Bradley, Steven W" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: psar1 - is there a way to test?
Date   Thu, 13 Oct 2005 09:03:47 -0500

I am using xtgls and am trying to determine whether psar1 or ar1 best represents my data.  I have a 960 new firms and a T of 9 years.  I could argue from a theoretical standpoint that individual firms from a number of different industries could have different AR1's.

xttest1 may test for this but I received an error due to an unbalanced panel.

Any recommendations for testing, comparing results that would help me make a decision?

Thanks for your help!

Steve