st: RE: xtabond2 memory problems?

From   "Salvati, Jean" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: xtabond2 memory problems?
Date   Wed, 12 Oct 2005 14:15:47 -0400

Kevin,

Xtabond2 creates a number of temporary variables (the instruments). You
should try increasing maxvar instead of matsize.

The number of temporary variables created by xtabond2 increases with the
number of instrumental variables, and with the number of observations
available for these variables (the number of periods in your panel).

Since you only have two regressors and one instrumental variable, I
presume that the number of periods in your panel is relatively high (not
much lower than the number of states in your panel). This can make the
estimator implemented in xtabond2 inconsistent.

Also, if pi is exogenous, you may want to add iv(pi) to your command.

Jean Salvati