Re: st: Defining variables for the ml procedure

From   Ed Blackburne <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Defining variables for the ml procedure
Date   Sun, 09 Oct 2005 22:36:09 -0500

Bjorn,

My understanding is that you want to estimate an equation of the form
(it doesn't much matter whether it is Z or Z[_N-1] for this post):

y=a+b(cZ+x)

Is this correct?
If so, I see two options.

Option 1: Estimate y=a+dZ+bx and use nlcom to recover c:
	nlcom _b[Z]/_b[x]

Option 2: You can estimate via conditional likelihood (aka profile
likelihoods) using the undocumented hold option of ml.

If you would like a pointer at Option 2 let me know.

-Ed