st: Merge datasets

From   Jia Xiangping <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Merge datasets
Date   Mon, 10 Oct 2005 03:46:54 +0800

Dear all,

I have dozens of datasets. Let's raise a example:

dataset A: id vara varb...vari..
dataset B: id varaa varbb...varj (i != j)

The variables in both of these two are different except the key
variable ID. The number of obsevations in both of these two sets are
also different. It's unbalanced.

Now I just want to infile (I'm not sure if this word is appropriate
here, maybe extract might be better) one or two variables in A to B,
with the same ID matched case to case. This can be done by merging
both of these two datasets. But some of the datasets are quite big
that my version can not support so many variables. So I'm wondering if
there are some other ways to extract some variables I need to my
targeted datasets.

Joe

--
Xiangping JIA