re:st: parallel regr assump and weighted data

From   Ian Watson <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   re:st: parallel regr assump and weighted data
Date   Sat, 8 Oct 2005 08:52:47 +1000

Ellen Granberg <[email protected]> wrote:

  I am a new Stata user and am working with a large dataset that was
  collected using a stratified random sample. My dependent variable is a
  5 category ordinal measure. I would like to use ordinal logit and I am
  trying to determine whether my measures comply with the parallel
  regression assumption. Typically, I would use the brant test found in
  the s-post ado file but this code does not work when a weight is
  applied to the data. Can anyone recommend another option for verifying
  this assumption with weighted data?

Richard Williams' very neat -gologit2- should meet your needs. It
supports iweights, fweights and pweights, and it goes beyond just
testing for the parallel regression assumption by allowing you to fit
models which violate it. There's also a very good discussion paper:

    http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam/stata/gologit2.pdf

The program is available from ssc archives by typing:

    ssc install gologit2

--
Kind regards,
Ian