Re: st: Stata 9 - other questions on windowing

From   "Herve STOLOWY" <>
To   <>
Subject   Re: st: Stata 9 - other questions on windowing
Date   Fri, 07 Oct 2005 21:11:30 +0200

Dear Gary:

Thanks a lot for your help. Your solution works.

(I also thank you for the other answer concerning the font. I tried the one you suggested and it's fine now).

Best regards

Coordinateur du Département/Head of Department
HEC Paris
Département Comptabilité Contrôle de gestion / Dept of Accounting and Management Control
1, rue de la Liberation
78351 - Jouy-en-Josas
Tel: +33 1 39 67 94 42 - Fax: +33 1 39 67 70 86
>>> 10/07/05 7:29 PM >>>
Herve STOLOWY wrote:

  > 2 - Command window disappearing
> A few days ago I raised this issue and thought I found the solution (with factory settings in preferences). This solution works as far as I don't try to increase the size of the command window (while reducing the results window). I soon as I make this change, my original problem comes back: the command window disappears if I click in the menu or in the results. I need to click on "window>command" in the menu but, even in this case, I can't have the menu and the command line available at the same time.
> Would you have any idea?

I hesitated to answer this, as it seems many aspects window behavior
under Stata 9 seem to depend on the *combination* of various windowing
preference settings and initially arriving at an acceptable combination
was quite confusing to me also.  That said, here's a stab at a simple
step that might help:

Try checking the "make windows float" box under the Prefs menu ->
general preferences -> windowing tab.

This should prevent the main window (with menu) from obscuring the
command window.

- Gary