st: xtlogit Vs. gllamm

From   Fei Deng <>
Subject   st: xtlogit Vs. gllamm
Date   Fri, 07 Oct 2005 02:08:49 -0400

  I'm using a panel data over households and weeks, the dependent
variable "buy" is 0/1 choice variable and "hid" is the household id. Each
household can make multiple purchases over time. After I run the regression of

. xtlogit buy x1 x2, i(hid) fe

There is a message: "multiple positive outcomes within groups encountered" and
then it shows the result. I wonder if -xtlogit, fe- is assuming only one
positive outcome within each group? just like -clogit-? If so, does that mean
I can't use it for my dataset? Can -gllamm- solve the problem of multiple
observations within group?