st: data format issues

From   "Terra Curtis" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: data format issues
Date   Thu, 6 Oct 2005 16:50:09 -0400

Dear Statalist,

I have a general question that I thought some of you may have dealt with
before.  I will soon be getting a lot (9 boxes worth) of data on paper.  The
data is arranged in columns on each sheet, each sheet having the same
format.  I need a good (efficient) way of transferring that data into an
electronic format to work with in Stata.  I am working with a program called
OmniPage to scan the sheets and convert to spreadsheets, but it seems to be
prone to many errors when the scanned page is even slightly skewed.  Does
anyone have any brilliant ideas on this topic or should I think about
getting a data-entry company to do it for me?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Terra