st: Stata 9 (windowing and command bar)

From   "Herve STOLOWY" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Stata 9 (windowing and command bar)
Date   Mon, 03 Oct 2005 23:05:43 +0200

Dear All:

I switched this afternoon to Stata 9. I have a question concerning the windowing and command bar.

Earch time I click on the menu (for example Help>Stata command...), the command bar disappears. To get it back, I need to click in the menu on Window>Command or anywhere in the review.

The same phenomenon occurs when I type -bro- and close the window.

I never noticed this problem in Stata 8.

I tried to find the answer in the Statalist archives but there are so many questions including "Stata 9" as keyword that the search is very difficult.

Is there a way to get permanently the command bar?

Best regards

Hervé Stolowy

Coordinateur du Département/Head of Department
HEC Paris
Département Comptabilité Contrôle de gestion / Dept of Accounting and Management Control
1, rue de la Liberation
78351 - Jouy-en-Josas
Tel: +33 1 39 67 94 42 - Fax: +33 1 39 67 70 86