st: RE: number of unique values within an observation

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: number of unique values within an observation
Date   Sat, 1 Oct 2005 17:56:05 +0100

In addition to other answers, please note an FAQ on
the question:

How do I compute the number of distinct observations?

Terminology is troubled here: as a small child
I was told that unique meant something that
occurred once only. But no matter:

. search unique

would have pointed you to the FAQ mentioned
above, which discusses general principles and a
clutch of user-written programs.

Scott Imberman