RE: st: fixed effects regression

From   "Salvati, Jean" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: fixed effects regression
Date   Fri, 30 Sep 2005 17:21:46 -0400

Florence,

-xtreg, fe- estimates the within equation. The whole point of the within
transformation is to wipe out the individual effect from the equation.

To estimate the fixed effects without having to manually create the
group dummies, you can use -regress- with the -xi:- prefix. For example:

webuse abdata
xi, noomit: regress n ys w k i.id, noconstant

The options -noomit- and -noconstant- guarantee that no group dummy will
be dropped due to collinearity.

Note that if you use the -noconstant- option without -noomit-, Stata
still drops a group dummy.

Jean Salvati