Re: st: number of unique values within an observation

From   Raphael Fraser <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: number of unique values within an observation
Date   Fri, 30 Sep 2005 16:03:11 -0500

Scott,

Yes there is! A user written command called -unique-. Just type findit
unique and install.

Description

The command unique without a by reports the number of unique values for
the varlist. With a by it does the same, but also creates a new
variable (_Unique by default but can be named in the gen option). This new
variable contains the number of unique values of the varlist for each level
of the by variable. The new variable is coded missing except for the first
record in each group defined by the levels of the by variable.

=============================
Raphael A. Fraser, MSc
Assistant Lecturer in Biostatistics
Sickle Cell Unit