st: Matrix Kronecker Product Question

From   Ed Blackburne <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Matrix Kronecker Product Question
Date   Wed, 28 Sep 2005 13:57:39 -0500

I previously posted a question regarding matrix colnames and have
received no response.

To help those able to help me, I have narrowed down the problem.

Here is a snippet of code you can run to verify my problem:

************************Beginning of code******************
matrix a=(1,2 \ 3,4)
matrix colnames a= col1 col2
matrix rownames a= row1 row2
matrix li a

local cname: colnames a
local rname: rownames a

matrix aPa=(a'*a)

matrix aPa=aPa#J(1,1,1)

matrix li aPa

matrix rownames aPa=`rname'
matrix colnames aPa=`cname'

matrix li aPa
matrix coleq aPa=""
matrix roweq aPa=""

matrix li aPa

It appears that after calculating a Kronecker product, the matrix aPa
has equation names in the matrix (I know these are actually r/c
identifiers from the J matrix) that I can't get rid of.

How do I fix this?

-Ed