Re: st: Location of Stata icons in Windows

From   Joseph Coveney <>
To   Statalist <>
Subject   Re: st: Location of Stata icons in Windows
Date   Wed, 28 Sep 2005 02:44:14 +0900

Friedrich Huebler wrote:

I use Stata 8.2 with Windows XP. I had to manually restore the
association of file type DO with Stata (Windows Explorer - Tools -
Folder Options - File Types) but cannot find the icon that used to be
displayed with do-files. Instead, I now have a generic icon from
shell32.dll. The Stata executable contains three icons, neither of
which is the one that used to symbolize do-files. I would appreciate
if a list member could point out the location of the do-file icon.

At least for Release 9, they're in the executable:
C:\Program Files\Stata9\wsestata.exe

You might try looking there.

Joseph Coveney