st: xtreg vs xtregar

From   "Bradley, Steven W" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: xtreg vs xtregar
Date   Tue, 27 Sep 2005 11:38:35 -0500

I would like to run the xtreg to utilize the robust option but run into the following collinearity error

. xtreg result1 herf  size c_freeequi c_freeequi2, pa corr(ar 1) force robust

independent variables are collinear with the panel variable orgnr

When I run xtregar, I do not get the collinearity error, I was assuming due to the AR(1) feature.  Does anyone know why xtreg, with ar1 selected, I might be getting this error?