st: Labelling part of graph axis?

From   SamL <>
To   Stata Listserve <>
Subject   st: Labelling part of graph axis?
Date   Mon, 26 Sep 2005 13:52:20 -0700 (PDT)

I am using Stata 8.2.  I am graphing a coefficient estimated on repeated
cross sections over several years.  On the y-axis I want to label the
region of the graph that is above zero as "Positive effect" and also label
the region of the graph that is below zero as "Negative effect."  I know
this may seem silly, but the audience is not well-versed in stats and I
believe this will help the presentation.  Also, there are several other
similar graphs for which labelling regions of the y-axis would be useful.
So, after perusing the graph manual, and the nice book "A Visual Guide to
Stata Graphics" I still do not know some way to accomplish this aim.  Any

Thanks a bunch for your help.