RE: st: reporting odds for N categories

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: reporting odds for N categories
Date   Thu, 22 Sep 2005 21:53:01 +0100

In May's last example, a log scale works well too:

#d ;
twoway   rcap lb ub alc
|| connected odds alc,
legend(off) sort
title("Odds for age group 45-54")
ysc(log)
yla(.1 "0.1" .2 "0.2" .5 "0.5" 1 2, ang(h)) ;
#d cr

As the plot is then of log odds, this is also a logit scale,
but with labelling in terms of odds.

(Do tell me if there is any biostatistical solecism
in my suggestion!)

May Boggess