Re: st: Hurricane & StatCorp?

From   [email protected] (Alan Riley)
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Hurricane & StatCorp?
Date   Thu, 22 Sep 2005 13:12:08 -0500

Frank de Libero ([email protected]) asked about Hurricane Rita
and StataCorp:
> Is StatCorp expecting Hurricane Rita to impact College Station? I
> believe College Station is about 100 miles inland from Houston, and so
> may be safe.
>
> StataCorp, how about a word to the List? I'm sure many of us are
> concerned and would like to learn how you're weathering this.

College Station is far enough inland that even if Hurricane Rita makes
a direct hit on Galveston and Houston, we will be spared the brunt
of the storm.  The latest storm track is predicting landfall a bit
east of Galveston, which means less of an effect in College Station.
We are expecting high winds and quite a bit of rain, but are expecting
to make it through that just fine.

We will be operating on a reduced staff on Friday, September 23, to
allow employees time to finalize storm preparations and to make
arrangements for incoming family and friends who have evacuated from
coastal areas.

Barring any extended power outages, things should be back to normal
for StataCorp on Monday, September 26.

--Alan
([email protected])