st: Parse question.

Subject   st: Parse question.
Date   Thu, 22 Sep 2005 10:30:45 -0400

Is there any way to count the number of occurence of a particular character in a
local or
global macro?
For example:
local loc (a mama baba).
I would like to count the number of occurences of "a" , in this case 5.
Or local loc "There; That; This)
I want to count the number of occurences of ";".
I am writing an ado for a work and I can't figure how to do it.
I have a look at macrolists but there is no mention of that case.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Best regards.
Amadou DIALLO.