st: RE: RE: version and other questions about -estout-

From   "Jann Ben" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: version and other questions about -estout-
Date   Wed, 21 Sep 2005 22:29:15 +0200

Nick wrote:
> Specifically, -estout- as currently on SSC
> specifies -version 8.2- and my guess is that Ben
> meant exactly that when he wrote it. Whether the file
> you talk about is the issue I don't know: more likely
> it is just the first thing to go wrong given your
> partial installation.

-estout- uses features that have been introduced with
Stata version 8.2. In fact it even uses features that have
been introduced with updates to version 8.2. It is thus
important to use the newest available Stata 8 version
with -estout-.

Radu Ban has problems manually installing estout on his
laptop. Here is my suggestion. -estout- is a complicated
package with various files. However, all these files start
with the string "estout" and should be found in "e"
folder in the user ado directory on Radu's desktop (if
he installed it using using -ssc install- or -net
install-). So, Radu should make a copy of all these
estout files and put them into the  "e" folder in the
user ado directory on his laptop. -estout- should work
then (provided Radu also updated Stata).

The default path for the user ado directory on Windows
machines is, I believe, "C:/ado/plus". Thus the estout
files would be in "C:/ado/plus/e".

ben