Re: st: Newey-West (also follows xtivreg2)

From   "Mark Schaffer" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Newey-West (also follows xtivreg2)
Date   Tue, 20 Sep 2005 14:16:25 +0100

Andrea,

From:           	"Andrea Molinari" <[email protected]>
To:             	<[email protected]>
Subject:        	Re: st: Newey-West (also follows xtivreg2)
Date sent:      	Tue, 20 Sep 2005 11:25:45 +0100
Send reply to:  	[email protected]

> Mark,
>
> Thanks for your reply. Sorry I was unclear. I did apply -xtdata, fe- only to
> the variables of my regression:
>
> xtdata lremmetal lrepmetalg lrecmetalg lrgdp95pcm lrgdp95pcx lbrer btmetal,
> fe
>
> but got the tsset error.

You must be doing something that messes up your panel/year variables.

Try cutting down the number of commands to the minimum that produces
the error.  For example, what happens when start with your
untransformed dataset and issue just the following 3 commands, in
this order:

tsset mx year

xtdata lremmetal lrepmetalg lrecmetalg lrgdp95pcm lrgdp95pcx lbrer
btmetal, fe

tsset mx year

--Mark

> I don't have the same problem with -xtreg, fe-, but this command does not
> allow me to estimate robust or AC standard errors (at least with my 8.2
> version).
>
> Any further ideas?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Andrea

Prof. Mark E. Schaffer
Director
Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation
Department of Economics
School of Management & Languages
Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh EH14 4AS  UK
44-131-451-3494 direct
44-131-451-3296 fax
44-131-451-3485 CERT administrator
http://www.sml.hw.ac.uk/cert