RE: st: Problem with seed and bootstrap

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Problem with seed and bootstrap
Date   Mon, 19 Sep 2005 11:20:43 +0100

I've been puzzled by the behaviour of -sort-
in the past before I understood this, so
I have some sympathy with Svend's motivation,
but I want to cry Whoa! here. I suspect that
some programs or do files actually depend
on the jiggling around that is standard
with -sort-. Change the default and you
break that (or raise yet another version
control issue).

For users who need this,

. sort ... , stable

or a wrapper to that effect seems easy enough.

Svend Juul